Monday, May 11, 2009

Vintage Sundress


Here is a dress from a pattern my mom used for me (I assume!) in the 70's. It's Simplicity 7047 (see below). Fun and quick in Kaffe Fassett daisy print. I made the overalls for my guy when he was one but the colours I chose just weren't right and overalls in cotton are just not cozy enough for our climate up here unfortunately! In fact I had a box of one year old shorts and t-shirts and cute onesie suits that he never got to wear due to the cool temps. Some days we wonder why we live here, when we look at all that green grass, cherry blossoms and flowers you southerners are enjoying... But most days we wonder why you aren't all living up here instead!! Luckily, I know a little girl or 2 down south that will have no trouble wearing this little cotton dress... I just have to get going on something for her big sister next!

No comments: